Time’s almost up!
We are now entering the final days of the legislative session. As the clock winds down, Governor Dayton and legislative leaders remain deep into negotiations with little to show for it thus far. One of the major issues that remains in flux is the tax bill, which is the bill that deals with Local Government Aid.
Take action now!
If we are going to secure an LGA increase, it is absolutely imperative that you contact your legislator and the Governor TODAY. Tell them:
- The final tax bill must include a $45.5 million increase in LGA.
- LGA is the single most important tool cities have to hold down property taxes while still providing essential services.
- With a $1.65 billion state budget surplus, they should easily be able to secure a $45.5 million increase in LGA — the amount needed to bring LGA back to its 2002 level.
- Call Gov. Dayton at 651-201-3400 or 800-657-3717, or email him using this online form.
- You can look up your legislators’ contact information by visiting Who Represents Me?
If you have any questions about LGA or the legislative session, please contact Bradley Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-259-1911.