2017 CGMC Summer Conference
We have a great conference lined up! The annual CGMC Summer Conference will be held Aug. 2-4, 2017 at the Bigwood Event Center in Fergus Falls. During the conference you will:
- Learn about emerging trends and challenges facing Greater Minnesota communities
- Find out how the results of the 2017 legislative session will impact your community
- Hear legislators’ insights about the ever-evolving relationship between state and local governments
- Explore the city of Fergus Falls during a city-sponsored dinner and by taking part in one of four city-tour options
- Learn about new services, businesses and organizations at the exhibitors’ tradeshow
- Forge connections with other city leaders from across Greater Minnesota by sharing your ideas, concerns and hopes for the future
To register for the conference, please fill out this registration form and email it to RSVP@flaherty-hood.com or mail it to the address listed on the form. You can view the agenda here. Please note that the CGMC has a block of rooms reserved at the Country Inn & Suites, which is adjacent to the event center, at a discounted rate of $99.99 (plus tax). The deadline to book a room under the reduced rate is July 2. Call the hotel at 218-739-2211 to make a reservation. If you have any questions about the CGMC Summer Conference, please contact Julie Liew at email@example.com or 651-259-1917. We hope to see you there!
Reserve an exhibitor booth for the 2017 CGMC Summer Conference
This year’s CGMC Summer Conference will be held Aug. 2-4, 2017 at Bigwood Event Center in Fergus Falls, MN. More than 100 mayors, city council members, administrators and other community leaders are expected to attend. Exhibitors will have ample opportunity to interact with attendees so that they can learn about the services or products you provide. Here are some details about what exhibitors can expect from this event:
- Based on feedback from past exhibitors, we have set the exhibiting hours from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 3.
- The conference agenda includes designated time allotted for attendees to meet with exhibitors.
- The dedicated exhibitor space next to the presentation rooms will offer ample space for displays and conversations with conference attendees.
- Exhibitors will also have the opportunity to socialize with city officials during meals and special events, including the Legislative Awards Dinner on Thursday evening.
This registration form & info sheet lists the exhibitor cost and associated benefits to your business/organization. Please fill it out and email, fax or mail it to the listed contact information. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Julie Liew at 651-259-1917 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Labor & Employee Relations Seminars
The CGMC Labor & Employee Relations Seminars will be held Thursday, June 1 in Brainerd and Thursday, June 8 in New Ulm. The seminar is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with registration beginning at 9:30 a.m. The seminars focus on practical and legal solutions for providing services and managing employees in local government. They will provide relevant and timely advice on the following topics (and more!):
- Recruiting and hiring practices
- Variable pay systems
- A union’s perspective on negotiations
- Handling employee groups that can’t get along
- Updates on settlements, arbitrations and the Legislature
We hope all units of government will send representatives (e.g., managers and administrators, human resources personnel and elected officials) to this valuable program. Please complete the registration form today as space is limited! You can in send the form by fax (651-225-9088), email (RSVP@flaherty-hood.com) or mail (Flaherty & Hood, P.A., 525 Park St., Suite 470, St. Paul, MN 55103). For more information, contact Karina Patino at 651-259-1919 or email@example.com.
2017 Summer Conference
The 2017 CGMC Summer Conference will be held Aug. 2-4 in Fergus Falls. More information will be available as the date approaches.
2017 Fall Conference
The 2017 CGMC Fall Conference will be held Nov. 16-17 at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center in Alexandria. More information will be available as the date approaches.
2018 Legislative Action Day
The 2018 CGMC Legislative Action Day will be held Wednesday, March 14 at the Best Western Capitol Ridge in St. Paul. More information will be available as the date approaches.
Questions about CGMC conferences and events?
Contact Julie Liew at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-259-1917.