Earlier today, Governor Dayton sent a letter to legislative leaders laying out the terms under which he would call a special session to address taxes, bonding and concerns about health insurance costs. We are pleased that the Governor’s proposal includes our top priorities for taxes and bonding:
– A $20 million increase in LGA payable to cities in 2017
– $133 million for clean water infrastructure grant and loan programs
– $12 million for the Greater Minnesota Business Development Public Infrastructure (BDPI) Grant Program
– …plus funding for bonding projects in several CGMC member cities
The ball is now in the legislative leaders’ court. If the leaders agree to his terms by this Thursday, the Governor has stated that he will call a special session to be held on Dec. 20.
Take action now!
As a Greater MN city leader, it is imperative that you call the four legislative leaders and your own legislators TODAY and tell them to support Governor Dayton’s special session terms so that Greater Minnesota communities can benefits from an LGA increase and move forward with key construction projects.
- Call House Speaker Kurt Daudt at 651-296-5364 or 800-710-7642 or email him at email@example.com
- Call Senate Majority Leader Tom Bakk at 651-296-8881 or email him using this email contact form
- Call House Minority Leader-Designate Melissa Hortman at 651-296-4280 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Senate Majority Leader-Elect Paul Gazelka at (651) 296-4875 or email him at email@example.com
- Visit http://www.gis.leg.mn/iMaps/districts/ to find your legislators’ contact information.
If you have any questions, please contact Bradley Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-259-1911.