This afternoon, the Minnesota Senate passed legislation to distribute $841 million in federal COVID-19 relief funds (the “CARES Act”) to local governments. Click here to see how much money your city would receive under the bill.
At this point, we do not know when the House will take up this issue and it is unclear whether Gov. Walz supports the level of funding in this bill. We need your help!
Take Action Now!
Contact Governor Walz, House Speaker Melissa Hortman and your local state representative TODAY and urge them to support SF47/HF128 to distribute $841 million in CARES Act relief to local governments.
Tell them that:
- Quick distribution of this money is critical so that communities can cover the numerous unexpected costs that have arisen due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This plan represents a fair distribution of funds to local governments across the state.
- Tell your story! Share examples of how your city will use this funding (possible uses include medical and protective supplies, testing, telework needs for public employees, grants to small businesses, etc.)
- Gov. Tim Walz: 651-201-3400 or use this email form
- Speaker of the House Melissa Hortman: 651-296-4280 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find your state representative’s contact information at Who Represents Me?
Please contact CGMC Executive Director Bradley Peterson at email@example.com or 651-225-8840.