A printable, PDF version of this Action Alert is available here.
Legislators are currently in the process of drafting the 2016 bonding bill. The CGMC is seeking $21 million for the Greater Minnesota Business Development Public Infrastructure (BDPI) grantprogram, which is the amount Gov. Dayton included in his bonding recommendations.
We need you to remind legislators why this program is so important!
- BDPI grants help pay for public infrastructure needed to help private industry grow.
- The BDPI program has a tremendous return on investment! Over the past 12 years, $53 million in grants have been awarded to 119 communities, resulting in the creation or retention of more than 11,000 good-paying jobs in Greater Minnesota.
Take action this week!
It is critical that CGMC city leaders email or call the House and Senate chairs of the Capital Investment Committees (Rep. Paul Torkelson and Sen. LeRoy Stumpf, respectively), House Speaker Kurt Daudt, Senate Majority Leader Tom Bakk and your own legislators this week and ask them to include $21M for the BDPI Grant Program in the bonding bill!
Read through the list of cities that have received BDPI grants. If your city has received a grant that helped create or keep industry in Minnesota, let legislators know! Here’s how to tell your story:
- In one or two sentences, describe the public infrastructure your city was able to build with the help of a BDPI grant.
- In another couple of sentences, describe the industrial growth at the site and the quality of jobs there.
- Thank the Legislature for its past support for this program, and urge legislators to support $21 million for BDPI in the 2016 bonding bill.
- Click this link to email both Rep. Torkelson and Speaker Daudt
- Use this email form to contact Majority Leader Bakk
- Use this email form to contact Sen. Stumpf
- Contact your own legislator — Who Represents Me?
For more legislators’ contact information (including phone numbers), visit:
If you have any questions about the BDPI program, please contact Carolyn Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.