As the pace picks up at the Legislature, senators and representatives continue to consider the CGMC’s proposal for a $45.5 million increase in LGA over the next two years. The Legislature failed to pass a tax bill last session, and LGA funding stayed stagnant as a result. It’s time to urge your legislators to finish their work this session by passing a tax bill that includes fully restoring LGA to its 2002 funding level.
Take action now!
As a Greater Minnesota city leader, it is imperative that you contact your own legislators, as well as the chairs of the Senate and House Tax Committees. Let them know that:
- You and other members of your community expect them to pass a tax bill this session that includes a $45.5 million increase in LGA.
- LGA plays a vital role in helping cities provide essential services and hold down property taxes.
- A $45.5 million increase would bring LGA back up to its 2002 level—and this doesn’t even account for inflation.
- Chair of the Senate Tax Committee: Sen. Roger Chamberlain, Phone: 651.296.4197, Email: email@example.com
- Chair of the House Tax Committee: Rep. Greg Davids, Phone: 651-296-8857, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- House Member Directory
- Senate Member Directory
- Or look up Who Represents Me?
If you have any questions about LGA or the legislative session, please contact Bradley Peterson at email@example.com or 651-259-1911.