A variety of important issues including Local Government Aid, employment and labor issues, workforce housing, population trends and environmental regulations were explored at the Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities’ annual summer conference, which was held July 22-24, 2016 in Duluth. Throughout the three-day conference, the more than 100 participants were also treated to tours of local facilities and attractions, a dinner party at Greysolon followed by a local pub crawl, and an awards dinner that honored 22 legislators and city leaders for their work on behalf of Greater Minnesota during the 2015 Legislative Session. A full conference re-cap with photos can be found here.
Below are links to some of the presentations that were held during the conference:
- “The Greater Minnesota Presentation? Re-cap of the 2015 Legislative Session” (PDF) – presentation by CGMC Senior Lobbyist Bradley Peterson and other CGMC staff members
- “2015 Labor & Employee Relations” (PDF) – presentation by Brandon Fitzsimmons, labor and employment law attorney with Flaherty & Hood, P.A.
- Lori Sturdevant keynote speech (video)
- Legislative panel discussion (video)
- Lieutenant Governor Tina Smith presentation (video)
- “The Changing Electric System and Energy Efficiency’s Promise to Keep Bills Low” (PDF) – presentation by Joe Sullivan, manager of strategic relations for the Center for Environment and Energy
- “Minnesota’s Demographic Future: Is Demography Destiny?” (PDF) – presentation by Susan Brower, Minnesota State Demographer
- “Cities On the Front Lines of the Clean Water Challenge” (PDF) – presentation by Steve Nyhus, attorney for MESERB