Legislative Action Day right around the corner! We are expecting a large turnout of more than 100 mayors, city councilors and city staff members to join us for our annual CGMC lobby day on Wednesday, March 14. With so many Greater Minnesota city officials descending on the Capitol at once, it will be a great opportunity to band together and advocate for the needs and concerns of rural communities.
Although the initial deadline has passed, we are still accepting registrations. Please visit greatermncities.org/LAD2018 to fill out the online registration form.
The Legislative Action Day schedule is as follows:
- 9:30 a.m. – Registration begins at the Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge in St. Paul
- 10:30 a.m. – Legislative update & message for legislators
- 12 p.m. – Lunch & panel discussion featuring legislative leaders (Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka, Senate Minority Leader Tom Bakk, House Speaker Kurt Daudt and House Minority Leader Melissa Hortman are all confirmed)
- 1-4 p.m. – Lobby at the Capitol (reminder: attendees must make their own lobbying appointments)
- 4 p.m. – Legislative reception at Mancini’s
- 5 p.m. – Dinner with legislators at Mancini’s
Note about parking at the Best Western Capitol Ridge: There is free parking available at the hotel. However, the parking lot is controlled by a gate. When guests arrive, they should take a ticket at the gate, and when they leave they will need to enter a code that will be posted at the exit gate.
If you have any questions about Legislative Action Day, please contact Julie Liew at email@example.com or 651-259-1917.