Now that summer is in full swing, it’s time to make plans to join your follow city leaders in Mankato July 25-27 for the CGMC Summer Conference! We have a great conference lined up featuring informative and entertaining sessions, city tours, a gubernatorial candidate forum, networking opportunities, and more. Highlights include:
- “Legislative Session 2018: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” – An interactive discussion and in-depth analysis of the legislative session and what it all means for Greater Minnesota priorities and the future of state government. We will also look ahead to the upcoming 2018 elections, including the fight for control of the Legislature and the race for our next Governor.
- “Farm to (Water) Table: Agriculture’s Role in Protecting Clean Water” – A panel discussion on agriculture’s role in water quality efforts and ways in which cities, farmers and ag industries can work together to address these often contentious issues.
- “From North Minneapolis to the North Shore (And Everywhere in Between): Cultivating Economic Growth Statewide”– A panel discussion featuring rural, suburban and urban lawmakers on the Legislature’s role in economic development issues such as child care, job training and workforce housing.
- Gubernatorial Forum – Hear from candidates vying to be Minnesota’s next governor during a forum focused on issues facing Greater Minnesota communities.
- Opportunities to explore conference co-host cities Mankato, North Mankato and Saint Peter by taking part in city tours and during a cities-sponsored reception & dinner.
- Exhibitors’ tradeshow featuring dozens of businesses and organizations that are eager to meet your cities needs by providing their services and goods.
- …and much more!
The Hilton Garden Inn in Mankato, located next to the Verizon Center, has a block of rooms reserved for CGMC Summer Conference attendees at a discounted rate of $119 (plus tax) per night. You can make a hotel reservation using this online reservation link or by calling the Hilton Garden Inn at 507-344-1111. The block closes July 4.
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Julie Liew at email@example.com.