We’re excited to have a record number of city officials registered to join us for Legislative Action Day on Wednesday, March 16! With so many Greater Minnesota community leaders convening on the Capitol in one day, it’s bound to make an impact on our legislators.
The event officially begins at 10:30 a.m., but attendees are able to begin checking in at the Flaherty & Hood Office as early as 9:30 a.m. Many of you have also inquired about the parking situation. As parking around the Capitol can be difficult — especially during this busy short session — we have several parking options available:
- Flaherty & Hood Office (525 Park Street, St. Paul. Our office is located in Suite 470, on the 4th floor) – Our building is allowing our guests to park in the surface parking lot adjacent to the building. Both regular spots and “visitor’s” spots are available for you to use. Parking is free and no permit is needed.
- League of Minnesota Cities building (145 University Ave W, St. Paul) – The League is graciously allowing CGMC members to park in their lot, which is located one block west of the Flaherty & Hood office. Parking is free and no permit is needed.
- Bethesda Hospital Parking Ramp (530 Park St.) – Located across the street from the Flaherty & Hood office, visitors are able to park here on a first-come, first-served basis at a cost ranging from $4 (for up to 2 hours of parking) to $15 (for 7 or more hours). A credit card is required.
- Street parking – There is limited parking on the streets surrounding the Flaherty & Hood office and the Capitol. Some of the spots are metered, while others are free. However, these spots tend to fill up quickly.
- Best Western Capitol Ridge (161 St Anthony Ave, St Paul) – There is free parking available for guests who are staying at the Best Western Capitol Ridge, which is located about 0.6 miles from the Flaherty & Hood office. The hotel has a free shuttle bus available to transport its guests, but it is only available on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact the hotel directly at (651) 227-8711 for more information on their parking and shuttle bus options.