Registration is now open for the CGMC Fall Conference! The conference will be held Nov.15-16, 2018 at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center in Alexandria and will feature presentations, discussions and speakers on a number of important topics. The packed agenda includes:
- Luncheon presentation by Myron Frans, commissioner of Minnesota Management and Budget
- Keynote dinner featuring Tom Hauser, chief political reporter for ABC5 Eyewitness News
- Legislative panel discussion on child care
- 2018 election recap and analysis
- A discussion featuring Greater MN and metro-area elected officials who are working to bridge the rural/urban divide
- Presentation on annexation and why could be a significant issue in the next legislative session
- Full membership meeting to discuss and adopt the CGMC’s policy positions and priorities for the upcoming legislative (it’s critical that your city lend its voice to this discussion!)
- …and more!
See this CONFERENCE AGENDA & VENUE INFORMATION for full details.
Please register online at greatermncities.org/FallConf18. The deadline to register is Nov. 7.
* Please note that attendees are responsible for their own hotel reservations.*
Arrowwood has a block of rooms reserved for CGMC Fall Conference attendees at a discounted rate of $94 (plus tax). Call Arrowwood at 320-762-1124 by Nov. 1 to book a room under the CGMC’s block.
Note: There are plenty of rooms available at Arrowwood on the night of Nov. 15, but only a limited number of rooms are available on Nov. 14 (the night before the conference). In order to accommodate those who wish to come to Alexandria on Nov. 14 (and may be unable to stay at Arrowwood), we have reserved a small block of rooms for the CGMC at Hampton Inn & Suites in Alexandria. The cost is also $94. Call Hampton Inn at 320-763-3360 by Oct. 29 to make a reservation (rooms are available both Nov. 14 and Nov. 15).
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Julie Liew at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 259-1917.