Join us Wednesday, May 9 for an end-of-session lobby day and ice cream social to help make a “final push” for Greater Minnesota priorities at the Legislature. Some of the issues we will be advocating for include:
- A robust, fair and balanced bonding bill that includes significant funding for water infrastructure and the Business Development Public Infrastructure Grant Program (BDPI)
- An increase in LGA funding to finally bring the program back to its 2002 level
- Funding for child care facilities and training programs to help reduce the child care shortage in Greater Minnesota
- Defeat of a proposed of constitutional amendment that re-directs general fund money to transportation (at the likely expense of LGA, education and other important needs)
The lobby day & ice cream social are FREE to attend, but we ask that you register at greatermncities.org/IceCream2018/ or by calling Dana Johnston at 651-225-8840. Please register by Monday, May 7.
The tentative schedule for the day is as follows:
- 10:30 a.m. – Legislative update and messaging (in Room 500 North in the State Office Building, located across the street from the State Capitol)
- Lunch on your own
- Afternoon – Meetings with legislators (attendees should make appointments with their own legislators; we may also ask some attendees to participate in additional meetings with key legislators)
- 2-3 p.m. – Ice cream social with legislators and legislative staff (L’etoile du Nord Vault Room in the Basement of the State Capitol)
Note about parking: Free parking is available at the Flaherty & Hood office located at 525 Park Street in St. Paul, but you must print off this parking pass (good for May 9 only) and put it on your dashboard in order to comply with the lot’s parking restrictions.
If you have any questions, please contact Julie Liew at email@example.com or 651-259-1917.