All CGMC members are invited to join us tomorrow for the FREE CGMC Virtual Fall Conference!
Here are the details:
CGMC VIRTUAL FALL CONFERENCE
- Date: Thursday, November 19, 2020
- Time: 10 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Location: Virtual conference held over Zoom
- Register: bit.ly/cgmc_fall2020 (Note: After you register, you will receive an email with directions on how to log-on to the conference)
- Cost: Free!
You are welcome to pick and choose which sessions you wish to attend. Want to join us for the full day? Great! Just want to tune in for one or two sessions? Also great! Once you register, you will receive a link to participate in the conference. The same link will be used for all sessions, so you may come and go as you please.
- 10am – One Seat, Two Seat, Red Seat, Blue Seat: 2020 Election Recap with CGMC Executive Director Bradley Peterson
- 11:15am – Minnesota’s Economy in a Pandemic presentation by Joe Mahon, Director of Regional Outreach for the Minneapolis Federal Reserve
- 12:15pm – What is Greater Minnesota Jeopardy? Test your knowledge of CGMC cities in an interactive trivia game
- 1pm – Goodbye Surplus, Hello Deficit: How the Legislature Plans to Tackle the State Budget A panel discussion featuring state legislators from both bodies and both parties
- 2:30pm – The Good Fight: How CGMC Will Protect & Defend Our Cities at the Legislature presentation by CGMC staff
BE SURE TO UPGRADE TO THE LATEST VERSION OF ZOOM
In order to fully enjoy the virtual conference, we encourage you to upgrade to the latest version of Zoom. Here are the upgrade instructions:
- Go to your Zoom app on your desktop or mobile device. It must be the app, not the website.
- Click on the account icon at the top right (it should have an initial).
- Select “Check for updates.”
We encourage you to share this invitation with newly elected city officials who will be taking office next year. The conference is a great opportunity for newcomers to learn more about the CGMC and issues that are important to Greater Minnesota cities.
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Julie Liew at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 259-1917.