Click here for a printable, PDF version of this Action Alert.
CGMC ACTION ALERT
Transportation sits stalled at the Capitol — we need you to contact the Legislature and tell them to start things up!
Without a transportation bill, highways in Greater Minnesota will fall further into disrepair. That’s a problem: Our economies and quality of life depend heavily on safe roads and bridges. Highways need new funding for basic maintenance. To grow, we need to fund the Corridors of Commerce program that transforms our highways into safe, modern connections for our economies. In addition, maintenance of our city streets is way overdue.
This week, we need you to tell legislators to start up transportation talks, get driving and finish the job. It’s time to pass a transportation bill now that helps keep the state moving!
Contact your local legislators, House Speaker Kurt Daudt, House Minority Leader Paul Thissen, Senate Majority Leader Tom Bakk, Senate Transportation Chair Scott Dibble and House Transportation Chair Tim Kelly this week and tell them:
- NO EXCUSES, NO BLAMING THE OTHER SIDE! There are no excuses for failing to fund transportation in 2016. It’s time to compromise!
- They should use equal parts new revenue and existing general fund money to pass a long-term, comprehensive plan that includes funding for:
- Corridors of Commerce
- City Streets
- If they can’t reach an agreement on a comprehensive transportation package, at the very least they must fund Corridors of Commerce and city streets this year.
- Click here to send a joint email to Speaker Daudt, Rep. Thissen and Rep. Kelly
- Contact Majority Leader Bakk using this email form
- Contact Sen. Dibble using this email form
- Contact your own legislator — Who Represents Me?
For more legislators’ contact information (including phone numbers), visit:
If you have any questions, please contact Carolyn Jackson at email@example.com.