We are looking forward to seeing our CGMC members at Legislative Action Day on Wednesday, March 14! Please note that there has been a slight change to the day’s schedule — we have moved the legislative reception at Mancini’s up to 4 p.m. and moved dinner to 5 p.m. (they were previously scheduled for 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., respectively). We decided to move the reception and dinner to the earlier time after it was announced that Governor Dayton will be holding his State of the State Address that evening. While the earlier times may cut into some of our lobbying time, they should allow legislators to be able to attend both our event and the Governor’s speech.
The full Legislative Action Day schedule is now as follows:
- 9:30 a.m. – Registration begins at the Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge in St. Paul
- 10:30 a.m. – Legislative update & message for legislators
- 12 p.m. – Lunch & panel discussion featuring legislative leaders (Senate Minority Leader Tom Bakk, House Speaker Kurt Daudt and House Minority Leader Melissa Hortman are confirmed; we are waiting to hear back from Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka)
- 1-4 p.m. – Lobby at the Capitol (reminder: attendees must make their own lobbying appointments)
- 4 p.m. – Legislative reception at Mancini’s
- 5 p.m. – Dinner with legislators at Mancini’s
If you have not yet registered for Legislative Action Day, please do so by filling out the online registration form at greatermncities.org/LAD2018. The full agenda and venue information can be found on this Legislative Action Day flyer. Please register by Feb. 28.
In addition, we were able to get an extension on the block of hotel rooms that we have reserved for the CGMC for the nights of March 13-14 at Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge. Members now have until Feb. 20 to book a room under our discounted rate ($139+tax). Call the hotel at 651-227-8711 to make a reservation.
If you have any questions about the time changes or Legislative Action Day, please contact Julie Liew at email@example.com.