This time each year, CGMC members come together to shape the Coalition’s policy positions for the upcoming legislative session. We are currently seeking volunteers to serve on the policy committees, which will convene by conference call or in person over the next few weeks. The policy committees determine recommendations which will be discussed and voted on by the full membership at the CGMC Fall Conference coming up Nov. 14-15.
Serving on a policy committee is a great way to contribute to the work of the CGMC. Please contact the appropriate staff member listed below if you are interested in serving on one or more of the committees:
- Transportation Committee will meet via conference call at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 23. Contact Shane Zahrt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Economic Development Committee will meet via conference call at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 24. Contact Scott McMahon at email@example.com.
- Annexation and Land Use Committee will meet via conference call at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 24. Contact Elizabeth Wefel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Environment and Energy Committee will meet in person from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 29 at the Waite Park Public Works Department (note: This will be a more in-depth meeting that will cover additional environmental issues as well as the CGMC policy positions). Contact Elizabeth Wefel at email@example.com.
- LGA/Property Taxes Committee will meet in person at 1 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 1 at the Flaherty & Hood Offices located at 525 Park Street, Suite 470 in St. Paul. Participants are strongly encouraged to attend in person, but a call-in option will be available. Contact Bradley Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Justin Stofferahn at email@example.com.