Work on the Omnibus Tax Bill continues on Saturday. Though the broad outlines of a budget and tax deal had been established, there are still lots of little details that need to get sorted out on any number of issues.
However several provisions important to CGMC members have been finalized, including:
- New LGA Formula with $80 million in new money
- Modest appropriation adjustment for LGA into the future (different than original; more details coming)
- Greater MN Internship Program
- Sales tax exemption for expanding Greater MN Businesses
- Sales tax exemption for cities and counties
- Several local provisions for member cities including Rochester, Waite Park, Sartell, St. Joseph, Red Wing, Cloquet, Moose Lake, and Ely (among others!)
It is expected that the conference committee will finish this afternoon and that the Omnibus Tax Bill will be adopted by the full House and Senate either tomorrow or Monday as one of the last items the legislature takes up before adjourning. Stay tuned for final details once the Tax Conference Committee adopts its report.