Registration is now open for the CGMC’s Legislative Action Day 2020!
Our annual “day at the Capitol” event will be held Wednesday, March 11 in St. Paul. Legislative Action Day is always a great opportunity to build connections between local officials and legislators and advocate for the priorities of Greater Minnesota cities. The cost is $70 per person, and attendees may pay online or be invoiced later. Please register by March 2.
LEGISLATIVE ACTION DAY SCHEDULE
- 9:30 a.m. – Registration begins at Best Western Capitol Ridge (161 St. Anthony Ave., St. Paul)
- 10 a.m. – Legislative update and messaging
- 12 p.m. – Lunch and Legislative Leaders Panel Discussion (Invited panelists: Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka, Speaker of the House Melissa Hortman, Senate Minority Leader Tom Bakk and House Minority Leader Kurt Daudt)
- 1-5 p.m. – Attendees lobby and meet with legislators at the Capitol complex (note: members are responsible for scheduling their own meetings)
- 5 p.m. – Reception at Mancini’s Char House (531 7th St. W, St Paul)
- 6 p.m. – Dinner with legislators at Mancini’s
For those who want to spend the night in St. Paul, a block of rooms is reserved for the CGMC for the nights of March 10 and March 11 at the Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge ($139+tax). You can book a room using this link or by calling the hotel at 651-227-8711. The deadline to book a room under the CGMC’s block is Feb. 9.
If you have any questions about Legislative Action Day or other CGMC events, please contact Julie Liew at email@example.com or 651-259-1917.